By reading this article you will learn how to solve all blueprint problems that you will have n 3ds max regarding the blueprints. You will learn hot to check them before import them in 3ds max, cut them, and place it very precice in 3ds max. Well, some old blueprints are not matching when you will assign them in viewport. Because when the blueprints where made, it is possible that someone drew them by hand. Before cutting the blueprints in Photoshop I will show you that you can check if the blueprint will match. You can check this in Photoshop too
I didn’t found a blueprint which doesn’t match, I took a blueprint for one of my readers. He asked for this tutorial and I will use his blueprints .
1. Open this blueprint, using Photoshop :
2. We will start the top the car. Select the top of the car, then right click on it and choose > Layer via copy
3. Now lower the oppacity of this layer at 35% and place it over the side of the car. You need to place it like below. To fit the spoiler lines. If this will fit, you don’t need to modify it.
4. BUT, you can be more precice. You can see if the details will fit. Having the layer in the same place. Check if the middle of the car lines (fron the top view) are the same with the lines from the side view . Always check the middle lines from the top, front and rear view. Select the MOVE tool and press the UP arrow key and check if these detailes matches . Use only the UP & DOWN keys.
The bottom of the windshield is good :
The top of the windshield is good :
The bottom of the rear window is good :
The top of the rear window is good :
5. And here are some other details that you can check : trunk lines, hood, lines, door lines. Some edges are overlapped and is a little bit to see them, but if you will use only the UP and DOWN key you will know about what I am talking :