46. Open xNormals and click on the first tab :”High definition meshes”. Here we will add our high poly model. To add a model, just make a right click and choose “add meshes” and add the model :
47. Click on the 2nd tab : “Low definition meshes”. And here goes the lowpoly model.
48. Now we will make the last settings : click on the 3rd tab “Baking options” and make the same settings as me :
– Output file : where the file will be saved, be sure that you will save the file as .tga
– Size : make sure that you will use the same texture size as the template that you have made in 3DS Max. In our case is 2048×2048
In the “Maps to render” check “Normal Map” and “Ambient Occlusion”
49. When you are done with the settings, press the “Generate maps” button and you should end up with these 2 maps beautiful made :
50. To check out normal map, open CrazyBump. Then click on “Open normal map from file” and add the normal map that we have made (the purple one)