6. Do the same thing for the left side. Move the control point on the contour. Here is the idea “Instead of moving vertex by vertex, we are moving all the vertices in the same time without ruining the mesh”
7. For the side view, same thing, just play a little bit with the control points and you will have a clean mesh :
8. Now, when you are done with a row of vertices, and if you are sure that you have a clean mesh, right click on the mesh > convert to > editable poly. And then, selec the next row of vertices and do the same thing . First we will make the shape of the head, of the body, and then we will make the eyes and the mouth. Here you have some images to help you to make the top part of the head :
9. For a better control, you can use a FFD modifier with more control point. You can pick the 3x3x3 to make the edge a little bit bended. Just pick all vertices from the middle (in the front viewport) and lift them up a little bit :
10. Now, when we will continue we will use the same technique. Just select the entire loop of edges, hold shift and drag them down a little bit. For the first row of edges, using the front viewport, in the “Edit Geometry” category from the modifier menu, press the Z button, to align the edges. Then, having the edges still selected, pick a FFD modifier and move the edges on the contour using the “Control Points”.