This is my first tutorial made for tutorial-z.com, and in this tutorial I will explain you how to model a BBS LM rim. During this tutorial, if you will encounter any kind of problem, please let us know on the forum, because will answer to all your question there.
It is a very simple tutorial, which can be followed by any beginner because I have made a lot of images to help you to understand how it works. Bwlow you have the reference image that we are using :
1. We will start by changing the Viewport to “Top View” and we will make a plane like I did in the first image. Use the same values as me :
Width : 90.0
Lenght Segs : 1
Width Segs : 1
When the plane was created, move it in the middle of the scene/viewport. You can do this by changing the coordinates of X Y and Z to 0
2. Now we will apply our reference image on our plane. We will start by oprening the “Material Editor” (you can do this by pressing the M buttom). Choose a standard material and click on that little square from “Diffuse” > pick “Bitmap” > and load the reference image that you have downloaded at the beginning of this tutorial. When the image is loaded, apply it on the plane :
3. We don’t want to accidentaly move our reference image when we will model our rim and to prevent this, we will do the following thing : select the plane > right click > choose “Object Properties”. When the following window will appear :
Check “Freeze” – this will block the object and we won’t be able to select it or move it
Uncheck “Show Frozen in Gray” – normally the freezed object are displayed in grey, and this is why we are unchecking this box, because we need to see the details of the rim, instead of a grey color :
4. To make the rim, we will start by making a tube. GO to “Geommetry” > select “Tube” > and start to make the tube as I am showing you in the image and use the same coordinates. Be sure that the pivot is in the middle of the viewport, like the pivot of the plane with the reference image :
5. You can make the tube transparent, for a better view of the reference image . To do this, you have 2 choices :
– Press ALT + X
– Pick a standard material , and lower his oppacity and after you can apply it on our tube
If you really appreciate our work and want to help us to maintain the website alive you can help us with a small donation.