In this tutorial I will show you how to create a tire. Its a very simple tutorial which can be followed by any beginner in 3ds max.So, below you have the blueprint. You can find more blueprints (37000) on www.the-blueprints.com .
We will use these images as blueprint
Let’s start :
1. I’ve cut the blueprints and put them into my document in 3ds max
2. Now, using “Line” make a “Line” just like me, its the contour of the tyre
3. Go to the “modifier list” and extrude the line just like me. An extrude like 60.0
4. We need to make those patterns because its not a formula 1 tyre, so do just like me. When you make the pattern of a tyre, NEVER move just 1 vertex, but take 2, just like in my picture
5. If you want to make the vertices more closer, select ALL vertices then scale down.
6. Having those 2 vertices still selected, move them in the same spot as me.