After almost 4 years of existence, I have opened a 3D model shop on tutorial-z.com. Why ? Read the entire article and you will also see what are the benefits of selling your digital good on this website.
As some of the users know, everything started as a hobby and now maybe some people think that I consider this a business. Well, not really, becaus if it was a business I would go for the profit and not for a “user friendly” website. I know that I have added some fees for the most detailed tutorials but someone needs to pay for the hosting service and for the maintenance of the website and since I am writing the tutorials, I think that is up to users to help me a little bit. The membership prices, as you can see , are not big at all so, anyone can afford to buy a membership and also, only some tutorials have this “restriction”.
I have made the website because 4-5 years ago when I have started to learn the 3D graphics, the tutorials on the web weren’t very detailed and for most of those tutorials, the support wasn’t very good. And I have said “let’s make a user friendly website” where people can find the support that they need and if you check the comments on my tutorials, you will see that I have answered to anyone
About the 2D/3D model shop :
– Like any other 3D modeler, I have looking for an extra profit by selling some models. Sure, why not. I have posted some models on turbosquid and I’ve waited to sell something. One day, I saw that I have sold a model. The price was 120$ but I have received only 47$ because from 47$ to 120$ were some taxes. Really ? You receive just 30% from the price of the model ? Screw it. I have checked the Turbosquid’s terms and conditions and I have seen that they have some huge taxes and some “non-us taxes”. Yeah right, it sounds like scam to me and here is why :
As far as I know, every person should declare his/her revenue. So, let’s think about it : let’s say that you sell a model with 100$ on turbosquid. you will receive around 33$. Then, you should also declare your revenue in the country were you are living and at the final,you will remain with 25$ for a model which cost 100$.
I was frustrated, of course and I have checked other websites too, but the other websites have some huge taxes too (around 40%-50%) and then I was thinking :”should I open a 3D model shop for myself ?” And I did it. I have made a 3d model shop and I have sold some models and I have kept all the profit. Then, I thought at others too, so, I have upgraded the shop and now everybody can sell his digital products on tutorial-z.com (3D models, textures, templates, 2D stuffs, etc)
What are the benefits for a seller :
– Well, first of all, there aren’t any “scam” taxes. The only fee that you need to pay is 15% from each sell, because you know, I have invested some money to make this possible and I guess that is a fair tax.
– The second thing is that if you have sold 20 models or 1 model, the fee will be the same. On other website, to lower the taxes , you need to sell some models. Here you won’t see that kind of things. Everyone is equal
– You will receive the money at the end of each month. Doesn’t matter if you have sold an item which cost 2$ or 200$, you will receive the money at the end of the month. You don’t need to earn over 50$-100$ to be able to withdraw your money. NO
– Since I am the only person from the tutorial-z.com staff, I will personally take care of each seller/buyer if there are any problems.
– Since the fees will be much smaller than anywhere else, you can low the price of your model a little bit, and you will still make some nice profit. The advantage of lowering your price is that the model has more chances to be sold.